Vegetable Coconut Stew with Pineapple Twist
HOW TO DO IT
- 8 Medium Size Potatoes
- 2 Medium Size Carrots
- 1 Medium Onion Head
- 2 cloves of garlic (or more if you desire)
- 1 Cup of sliced/cubed Pineapples (you can use fresh or canned)
- 1 Tempeh
- Handful of Cashew Nuts
- Dash of Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- Dash of Oregano
- Dash of Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Wash, peel off potatoes and Carrots and cut into cubes.
- Cut the onion and mince the garlic.
- Prepare the pineapple. If you are using frozen like me, make sure to thaw it before.
- Slice the tempeh and fry in a minimal olive oil on a hot pan.
- In the same pan, saute the onion until golden brown and add the cashew nuts.
- Add the potatoes and carrots.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water and let it simmer for about 5 minutes
- Add 1 ½ cup of Coconut Milk.
- Add freshly grinded Pepper, salt, dash of oregano, thyme and 2 bay leaves and mix well.
- Next, add the pineapples and garlic and mix together.
- Let it simmer for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Taste and add more salt or herbs according to your preference.
- Serve with rice and fried tempeh on top, add more sauce, and you will love it!
Did you try this recipe? Tag us on Instagram @cookmevegan and use hashtag #cookmevegan
More RECIPES you will like
want to read it for later? Pin it!
Follow us on Social Media
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL