VEGAN MANGO STICKY RICE RECIPE
Ohhh, my favorite dessert from Thailand!
We first tried this Mango Sticky Rice when we were in Bangkok, Thailand a few years back and we loved it so in this recipe I am going to share with you our version of Vegan Mango Sticky Rice Recipe.
It’s quite very easy to make and requires very simple ingredients which I am sure you all have in your home.
Although, there is one ingredient that we change which is the Split Yellow Mung Beans.
We do not have it here in Europe, or at least, I have not seen it in any shops here so we are using Sesame Seeds as an alternative.
But hey, sesame seeds are not so bad at all. I think it makes a great alternative especially if you toast it fresh and add it on top.
Ohh the aroma of freshly toasted sesame seeds! One of my favorites…
Anyways, without further ado, let’s go make this super easy Vegan Mango Sticky Rice Recipe.
- 3 Cups of Glutinous Rice
- 1 Mango
- 1 Can (250ml or 5 Cups) of Coconut Milk or 5 Cups of Fresh Coconut Milk
- ½ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoon of Sesame Seeds
- Pinch of Salt
Prepare the Ingredients
Start by cooking the Rice. 3 Cups of Rice requires 4 Cups of Water.
While Rice is cooking, combine in a large bowl; 3 cups of coconut milk, 1/2 cup of maple syrup, and pinch of salt.
Heat it up on a low fire and continue stirring until it starts to boil. When it starts to boil, switch off the fire.
Gradually add the Coconut mixture into the cooked rice and mix it well until well incorporated.
In a small bowl, prepare the Coconut Sauce. Combine 2 cups of Coconut Milk and 1 teaspoon of Cornstarch and mix it well.
Bring the mixture on to the fire and stir it continuously until thickens.
When done, start toasting the Sesame seeds.
Assemble the Mango Sticky Rice and Enjoy!
NOTES IN MAKING MANGO STICKY RICE
- Before cooking the glutinous rice, soak it first in the water. If you can soak it overnight, it will be better.
- After soaking, give it a final wash before cooking. You can cook it in any normal rice cooker or pot, however, we always use a Pressure Cooker when cooking any kind of rice because it is faster.
- In preparing and cooking the coconut milk mixture, make sure to cook it in a very low fire and keep on stirring it until it starts to boil. If you stop stirring it can burn at the bottom and gives a strange taste or water from the milk can separate especially if you are using freshly squeezed coconut milk.
- When the rice is cooked, immediately add the coconut milk while it is still hot. Gradually add the milk and stir it properly to incorporate the milk mixture into the rice.
- When preparing and cooking the Coconut Milk Sauce, you must add the cornstarch before cooking it. When cooking, keep on stirring until the mixture becomes thick.
And that’s it, friends, I hope that you like this recipe. If you do, please do not forget to share it.
You can also pin it in your Vegan Desserts Pinterest Board so you can read it for later.
However, if you want to print this recipe, you can subscribe to our newsletter so you can have access to our collection of favorite vegan recipes.
Spread the love, Vegans!
Did you try this recipe? Tag us on Instagram @cookmevegan and use hashtag #cookmevegan
More RECIPES you will like
want to read it for later? Pin it!
Follow me on Social Media