Classic Focaccia Recipe with Olives and Rosemary
HOW TO DO IT
- 1 gram of Dry Yeast
- 345 ml of water
- 500 ml of Pizza of Bread Flour
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 100 grams of sourdough starter
- 25 grams of salt
- 1 cup of Black Olives
- 5 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
- Dissolve 1gram of Dry Yeast in 20ml of warm water
- In a large bowl, combine 500ml of Pizza or Bread flour and 300ml of water and the yeast mixture.
- Mix it properly until it is well blended and the dough is formed. Be patient with the mixing, it can be sticky and difficult at first but you will get a hang of it 🙂 You may be tempted to add more liquid to make the mixing easy but try not to, the amount of liquid in this recipe is essential so try to follow the exact measurement.
- Add 100grams of sourdough starter and mix the dough again. This time your dough will be softer to mix.
- In a small bowl, dissolve 25grams of salt in 20ml of water and add it to your dough and mix it again.
- Add 2 tablespoon of Olive oil and lightly mix it to make sure the oil is well incorporated.
- Now it’s time to proof the dough. Leave it in a room temperature covered with cloth for one hour.
- After an hour, the dough should start growing. Give it a good mix and cover again.
- After another hour, add another olive oil and mix it lightly then cover again for another proofing.
- Do this for another 4 hours, mixing the dough every hour and leaving it in room temperature covered with cloth.
- Once you are done with proofing the dough. It’s time to bake it.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F or 180C.
- In your baking pan, put a layer of baking sheet and grease it with olive oil. This method will help your focaccia to not stick into the baking sheet when cooked.
- Next, pour in your dough to the pan and spread it evenly and gently using your fingers. Make sure that your fingers are well greased with olive to prevent the dough from sticking into your fingers.
- Now it’s time for the toppings! My favorite part. What you put on your focaccia depends on you. But for this recipe, we are doing our classic favorite. We will top it with Black olives, a lot of thinly sliced garlic and fresh rosemary from the garden and a dash of salt and pepper on top to taste.
- Leave it again for another 30-40minutes in room temperature for final proofing and then bake for 25-30minutes.
- After 20minutes of baking, put it out of the oven and brush it with olive oil with freshly crushed garlic for a more stronger garlicky taste (because I am always a garlic person :D) But this is optional and you can skip it if you don’t like much garlic (but really who doesn’t like garlic? :D)
- Put it back to the oven and bake for another 10minutes once done, cool it down, slice and serve it.
- Just a final tip, you can make batches of this focaccia bread and freeze it. You can thaw and toast it up whenever you feel like having. Love having it for a quick snack or lazy breakfast 🙂
- Hope you enjoy your focaccia!
Did you try this recipe? Tag us on Instagram @cookmevegan and use hashtag #cookmevegan
More RECIPES you will like
want to read it for later? Pin it!
Follow us on Social Media
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL